If you already have an LLC in another state and want to expand your business into Nevada, we can help.
There are two pre-registration decisions that must be addressed:
- Choosing a name to use in Nevada
- Choosing a Nevada registered agent
You cannot register a name already in use in Nevada. To determine the availability of your LLC name, you can do a Business Entity Search. If your name is already in use, you will need to select a different name to register with the Nevada Secretary of State.
All business entites are required to appoint a Nevada registered agent. A registered agent accepts service of process and other official business mail on behalf of your LLC.
Why Hire Nevada Registered Agent LLC?
- Total Compliance Monitoring: We track all of your compliance requirements in real time based upon the Secretary of State’s actual data. We keep you updated long in advance of any deadlines.
- Expert Filing: Nevada business filings are complicated, much more so than most states. Our expert local staff of filers understand all of the minute details and bizarre requirements of filing with the Secretary of State.
- Privacy: We can provide your LLC with an extra layer of privacy by using our name and address on business filings, keeping your private information off the public record.
2. Foreign LLC Qualification
The first step to foreign registration is hiring Nevada Registered Agent LLC as your registered agent. Once you are our client, you will have immediate access to an online client account. From your client account, you can access all of the necessary documents for registration.
To qualify a foreign LLC in Nevada, you are required to file:
The application is filed with the Secretary of State. You cannot file the Application online.
There is a $75 filing fee.
3. Initial Maintenance for Foreign LLCs
After you register with the Secretary of State, there are two additional filings that must be done within 30 days:
- Initial List of Managers or Members and Nevada Business License – $400
Both of these filings are made with the Secretary of State. You can file each of these filings online at SilverFlume, but only after your LLC is registered. You cannot file online before your registration.
4. Ongoing Maintenance for Foreign LLCs
Every year after your foreign qualification, you will be required to file:
- Annual List of Managers or Members ($125)
- Business License Tax ($200)
Both of these can be filed together online. The deadline for each is the anniversary date of registration. If your LLC was registered to do business in Nevada on May 5, then your deadline is May 5.