How to Change Your Nevada Registered Agent

What You Need:

  • Your Entity File Number
  • Name and Address of New Registered Agent (That’s Us!)
  • Signature of New Registered Agent

The Form to File:

  • Statement of Change of Registered Agent by Represented Entity

When you hire Nevada Registered Agent LLC, you will have immediate access to your online account. You will find in your account a copy of the above document. We have already filled in our information and pre-signed the form. You can print it out and submit it directly to the Secretary of State.

Filing Fee: $60

How to File a Statement of Change:

Nevada Secretary of State
202 North Carson Street
Carson City, Nevada 89701-4201

When filing by email or fax, you will need to include a Credit Card Checklist form.

Note: If submitting by email, there is no place on the Credit Card Checklist form to indicate you are submitting by email (Service Type options are: Counter, Mail and Fax). Leave the Service Type boxes blank. The form will be accepted anyway.

How Do I Find My Entity File Number?

Your Entity File Number is assigned by the Secretary of State. If you have forgotten your number, you can do a Business Entity Search on the SOS website. Their records will list your number.

Can I Change My Registered Agent Online?

No. You cannot change agents through SilverFlume. You can, however, email a Statement of Change to the Secretary of State, which is more or less an online filing.

How Long Do I Have to Change Agents After My Registered Agent Resigns?

If your Nevada registered agent resigns, you have 31 days in which to hire a new agent.