Nevada Foreign Corporation

A foreign corporation is a corporation that was formed in one state (the “home” state) and then expands into another state, where it is considered “foreign,” since each state has different state statutes and laws.

When you already run a corporation in another state and want to expand your business into Nevada, we can help you register your corporation in Nevada by becoming your Nevada registered agent. At Nevada Registered Agent LLC, we’re a local company with a knowledgeable and experienced staff that can help you get your business where is needs to go.

When you own a corporation in another state and want to do business in Nevada, there are a few legal steps required for Nevada foreign corporation registration:

1. Pre-Qualification

Before you submit any filings, you need to finalize two decisions:

Corporate Name

The Nevada Secretary of State needs to be able to distinguish all businesses on file. Thus, you cannot register a business name if it is already assigned to another entity. To determine if your corporate name is available for use, you can do a Business Entity Search.

Be aware that an online search is not a final determination. The Secretary of State is the final authority on whether or not a name is available.

Registered Agent

A registered agent accepts service of process and official business mail on behalf of clients. Appointing a Nevada registered agent is required by law.

Why Hire Nevada Registered Agent LLC?

  1. Sophisticated Monitoring: We use advanced tracking software to monitor all of your compliance requirements. There are numerous compliance requirements enforced by the state. We keep you notified about all of them far in advance of deadlines.
  2. Extra Privacy: We can use our legal name and Nevada business address on various filings to keep your private information out of the public record.
  3. Filing Expertise: Nevada doesn’t make business filings easy. There are multiple filings and compliance requirements. Our expert filing staff know every one of them. We ensure that filings are done properly the first time.

2. Foreign Corporation Registration

Your first step is to hire Nevada Registered Agent LLC. After hiring us, you will have instant access to your online account. Your account has every possible Nevada business filing you will ever need.

To register a foreign corporation, you must file:

The document must be filed with the Secretary of State.

The Secretary of State charges a filing fee based upon your corporation’s number of authorized shares. For corporations with an authorized share value of $75,000 or less, the filing fee is $75. For corporations with an authorized share value above $75,000, please see the Initial Filing Fee Schedule attached to the Qualification to Do Business form, or visit our business filing tips page.

3. Initial Foreign Corporation Maintenance

Once your foreign corporation is registered with the Secretary of State, there are two additional filings you are legally required to submit within 30 days:

  • Initial List of Officers and Directors and Nevada Business License ($700)

These filings can be done online through Nevada’s digital system, SilverFlume. If you file online, you’ll also need to pay a 2.5% credit card processing fee.

4. Annual Maintenance for Foreign Corporations

Once your foreign qualification is complete and you have filed your initial maintenance filings, you are required to file ongoing annual filings:

  • Annual List of Officers and Directors ($125)
  • Business License Tax ($500)

Both of these filings must be filed by the anniversary date of your registration in Nevada. They can be filed online. If you file online, the state will assess a 2.5% credit processing fee on the total amount due.